Friday 20 March 2009

Touched!

My post man arrived today which is obviously not out the blue, Alan has been receiving mail from post pals for a few months now and getting them really cheers him up infact he now knows Jessica's writing on the envelope and says this is from Jessica and although we have never met Alan talks about her as if he does.Today instead of the letter being for Alan it was for me from Sarah it was a beautiful card and on it it says;
This little card is just for you
Cos sometimes grownups need smiles too,
And so a friendly not to say,
Best wishes for this Mothers Day.
I am really touched receiving it in fact it moved me to tears to think people out there really care about us.I feel alone sometimes, i have a fantastic husband and brill kids but i have no other support network and it is sometimes really hard. I lost my dad when i was 9 to cancer and 2 years past in February my mum died so i feel i have no family, i do have a sister and we talk every day but she has her own family and her own life, so this little card has a big meaning to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thats really sweet. I'm glad the post makes a difference to you all. I certainly love writing to Alan. I'm going to have to start to disguise my writing on the envelope!! xx

    ReplyDelete