Wednesday 5 May 2010

Alans Results

We got a call yesterday for us to go up to the hospital today after we dropped alan off at school. Dr wanted to discuss alans MRI scan results.


My husband was working today and i said its ok i will be ok myself.BIG MISTAKE! The Dr and nurse were waiting for me, they took me to a room and the nurse asked if i wanted a cup of tea, that itself set alarm bells ringing.

They told me the mri, showed up some fluid at the back part of his brain, and a mass at the top of his spine but the mri stopped there and they dont know what it is or at least they are not saying. we have to see the neurologist in Glasgow and another mri of his head and spine. Im out my mind with worry.

He is also having 2 weeks of IVS starting on Tuesday and his operation is on thursday.

For now its a waiting game till the hospital get back to us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very very sorry to read about what an horrendous time you are going through. I am praying for you and for Alan, and I really hope that the neurologist has good news for you, and that the IVs will help, and that his operation goes well.

    Lots of love and hugs,

    Becky, Seren & Dylan xxx

    ReplyDelete